Bullying, Harassment and Intimidation
In an ongoing effort to provide a safe, positive learning environment for all students, PHOENIX Community Learning Center is requesting parents, students and staff to inform administration of any perceived incidences of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
Per PHOENIX Community Learning Center's policy bullying, harassment and intimidation are any deliberate or intentional, repeated written, verbal, graphic or physical act or threat that a student or group of students has exhibited toward another particular student or students, including within the dating relationship, or toward school personnel and the behavior:
- Causes mental or physical harm to the other student(s)/ school personnel including placing an individual in reasonable fear of harm and/ or damaging of personal property
- Is sufficiently severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment for the other student(s)/ school personnel.
Reports of bullying, harassment and intimidation are important and thoroughly investigated, per school policy. PCLC will do everything possible to address any complaints, and every effort will be made to protect the due rights process of all victims and all alleged perpetrators. We encourage students, staff, parents, and community members to report bullying to the school.
To report an incident of harassment, intimidation or bullying:
- Scroll down until you see the red button titled Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Incident Reporting Form.
- Complete the online form and submit it electronically.
- Hard copies of this form are available at the school. These can be completed and returned to the Superintendent or Director who will promptly investigate all incidents.
Your information will not be shared with anyone other than those involved with helping you and investigating your issue. The more you tell us, the more we can help you. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS, WE MAY NOT HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO PROPERLY ADDRESS YOUR SITUATION OR RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE.
Any person who knowingly and willingly makes a false or misleading report or counsels another to make a false or misleading report may be subject to criminal and/ or civil liability.