We have homework every day, including Fridays! Students should be writing in their planner that was given to them on Monday.
WELCOME TO THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
Welcome to your seventh and eighth grade year at the PHOENIX Community Learning Center! My name is Sandra D. Williams, and I am one of your teachers. We are about to begin nine months of excitement, adventure, new experiences, and education. I am very excited about this school year, as I hope you are!
Growing up in an urban community in East Cleveland, Ohio, helped me realize I wanted more opportunities for positive and equitable learning experiences for my child than I had. As I matriculated through college, I decided I could help to provide some of those opportunities for other children. I graduated from John Carroll University in 2001 with my Bachelor’s Degree in Education, and I obtained my Master’s Degree in Education/Curriculum & Instruction in 2012 from the University of Phoenix. I am currently on a journey at Union Institute & University to obtain my Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Studies/Educational Justice & Equity/Educational Leadership. Education holds a high value in my life, and I couldn’t imagine having any other career. This year I hope to teach you much, especially the importance and the value of hard work and determination and to help develop and enhance the belief in your abilities!
I can relate to wanting to know you are in the best hands possible. (My son, Paul Williams, graduated from St. Peter Chanel High School in 2014 and the Rochester Institute of Technology in 2018, and I remember what that felt like as he was in school.) I can assure you that I will work each day to support you with what is in your best interest as I support the mission and vision of PCLC. Throughout my many years of teaching, I have learned the importance of parental involvement in a scholar’s education. I believe that you receive the best education when you, your parent(s)/guardian(s), and your teachers all work together as a team. School-to-home communication is very important for your success. Please contact me using the information listed below whenever you have anything you want to discuss with me.
Rise Like the Phoenix!
Sandra D. Williams, MAED
7th & 8th Grade Math
Cell Phone: 513-341-6107 (texting only)
Email: [email protected]
- 1 box--#2 mechanical pencils, buy plenty of extra lead
- 1 pkg--glue sticks (Elmers® is recommended)
- 6--wide-ruled composition notebooks, any 6 different colors *NO SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS* (1 each labeled Math, Science, Social Studies, French, Reading, & Writing classes)
- headphones or earbuds in a zip-close bag labeled with your child’s first and last name
- 5--2-pocket folders with prongs, any 5 different colors (1 each labeled Math, Science, Social Studies, French, & ELA classes)
- 1--1 ½” 3-ring binder, any color
- 1 pkg--5 count dividers
- 1 pkg--sheet protectors
- 3-4 pkg--sticky notes, may need to be replenished throughout the year, (Post-It® is recommended)
- 1 pkg--highlighters, at least 1 pink, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange (BIC® Brite Liner Chisel Tip is recommended)
- 2--erase markers, 1 chisel tip & 1 fine point, any color (Expo® is recommended)
- 1 pkg each--3x5” & 4x6” ruled index cards
- book bag
- 2 boxes--facial tissue
- 2--8oz bottles hand sanitizer, at least 60% alcohol content
- 1 container--disinfecting wipes, at least 75 count (Lysol® or Clorox® are recommended)
- face mask must be worn daily, any color (unused disposable mask or laundered multi-use mask)