7th Grade Learning Targets
Newest Learning Targets
- List the properties of nonmetals.
- I can identify the groups that contain nonmetals.
- I can compare and contrast nonmetals and metals.
- Describe the size of an atom.
- State the parts of an atom.
- Describe an element using its physical properties.
- Explain how elements are organized on the periodic table.
Passed Learning Targets
- Explain how local and global winds combine knowledge of convection currents with the water cycle.
- List the gases in the atmosphere.
- Explain the significance of each gas.
- List the properties of air.
- What instruments measure air pressure?
- Explain how pressure and density change with altitude.
- Explain features about each layer of the atmosphere.
- Draw images related to each layer of the atmosphere at the appropriate altitude
- Discover experiments you can do with air pressure every day!
- Explain how the atmosphere and hydrosphere cycles and recycles matter.
- Discover the way energy transfers in the atmosphere.
- Distinguish greenhouse gases from one another in terms of severity and sources.
- Create a pie chart of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- Explain how a greenhouse gas effects the atmosphere.
- State how Earth moves through space.
- Explain and model how Earth has seasons.
- State the phases of the moon.
- Explain the cause for the phases of the moon.
- Understand the position of the moon, sun, and Earth during solar and lunar eclipses.
- Compare a spring tide with a neap tide.